وَعَنْ أَنَسٍ – رضي الله عنه – قَالَ: قَالَ رَسُولُ اَللَّهِ – صلى الله عليه وسلم – – طُوبَى لِمَنْ شَغَلَهُ عَيْبَهُ عَنْ عُيُوبِ اَلنَّاسِ – أَخْرَجَهُ اَلْبَزَّارُ بِإِسْنَادٍ حَسَنٍ
On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) – He said that the Prophet (may Allahs peace and blessings be upon him) said- ” Toobah is for the one that his faults busied him from the other peoples faults”. Al Bazzaar reporded it with a hassan chain.
The meaning of the strange words;
- Toobah: This is the name of a tree in the paradise. It has been stated though, that it is a good life in the here after.
- This hadeeth is good advise to the one that is on the path trying to get to Allah The Most High. This person is busy trying get past the obstacles to that they may arrive at their goal. This is by following that which was left by our Prophet (may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) and Islamic teachings. So from this is:
- The one that his faults busy him, then he is serious about getting rid of evil sins. and disobedience. So by his doing this, meaning hoping and trying to get rid of these things, he becomes someone that struggles to become more pious and pure by freeing himself from the sins.
- The one that leaves off these evil sins, then he will adorn himself with good mannerisms. The first of these good mannerisms is the obedience of Allah The Most High. He will do this by doing those things that are beautiful and will gain him a closeness to Allah.
- He, by way of struggling and fighting against himself, and ridding himself of the evils, and taking on these praiseworthy attributes has spent his time correcting himself. So he does not tire himself out by following behind and finding out and pointing out the faults of the people.
- By way of this correct path, and trying to reach Allah The Most High by moving in this direction, then this individual deserves the prize (which is Toobah) which is either:
- A tree in the paradise that the one riding in its shade for 100 years will never reach the other side.
- Or a high level in the paradise. And Allah is The One that causes success.
[This is a section from the book Towdihil Ahkam min Bulogil Maraam by Ash-Sheikh ‘Abdillah bin ‘Abdir Rahman al Bassaam.]
[Translator – Abu Abdillah]