25 Jun 2017
THE SUNNAH OF THE ‘EID:
- Wake up early.
- Offer Salatul Fajr.
- Prepare for personal cleanliness take care of details of clothing, etc.
- Take a Ghusl (bath).
- Brush your teeth.
- Dress up, putting on best clothes available, whether new or cleaned old ones.
- Use perfume (men only).
- Have breakfast on Eid-al-Fitr before leaving for prayer ground. On Eid-al-Adha, eat breakfast after Salaat or after sacrifice, if you are doing a sacrifice.
- Pay Zakaat-al-Fitr before Salaat-al-Eid (on Eid-al-Fitr).
- Go to prayer ground early.
- Offer Salaat-al-Eid in congregation in an open place except when whether is not permitting like rain, snow, etc.
- Use two separate routes to and from the prayer ground.
- Recite the following Takbir on the way to Salaat and until the beginning of Salaat-al-Eid al Fitr. On Eid-al-Adha, Takbir starts from Maghrib on the 9th Dhil hijjah and last until the Asr on the 12th Dhil hijjah:
- Allahu-Akbar, Allahu-Akbar, Allahu-Akbar, La ila-ha ill-lal-lah. Allahu-Akbar, Allahu-Akbar, Wa-lilahill hamd. (Allah is Great, Allah is Great, Allah is Great, There is deity of worship other than Allah. Allah is Great, Allah is Great, And all praises are for Allah).
For More Information About The ‘Eid