We welcome all of you to our Usool ul Fiqh Course. This course is what is needed for anyone that desires to gain a deeper understanding of how legislation in Islam is derived. Studying this very important science will enable each and everyone of you, to clearly understand the statements of the Scholars, as well as different areas in which differing has occurred in various issues.
In the first level – (Beginner Course) we will be disusing a very important text that The Scholars of Shareeyah (Islamic Jurisprudence) have been advising their students to study for generations. The book is called “Waraqaat” by Imaam al Juhaini. It will give the student the ability to begin to:
- Comprehend the benefit of this science in detail.
- Value the lofty position it has in relation to all of the other Islamic sciences.
- Have an extensive familiarity of some of the most important chapters in the science, and that which is included in them.
- As well as to abandon the surface level understanding many people have about the rulings derived by our Scholars.
- Topics Covered:
- – Introduction to Usool ul Fiqh
- – Some Important terms of definitions
- – Understanding Usool ul Fiqh and its chapters
- – Classification of the types of speech
- – What needs to be understood about the command
- – What needs to be understood about the prohibition
- – General and specific speech
- – Unexplained and clarified speech
- – The Apparent meaning & the derived meaning
- – The actions
- – Abrogation
- – Conflicting proofs and evidences
- – The consensus
- – The statement of a companion
- – Prophetic narrations
- – Qiyaas
- – Impermissability and permissability
- – Istishaab
- – Order of the evidences
- – Conditions for the Mufti
- – Conditions for the one seeking a fatwah
- – Deducing Rulings
The second level – (Intermediate Course) course – To be announced.
The third level – (Advanced Course) – To be announced.
Cost of the course
This is a group course that meets for a period of 1 hour per week until the text itself is completed. The cost of the course as a group as a whole, is a mere $150 US dollars. Therefore if you have a group of 10 students ready for registration, the entire course will only cost each individual $15 US dollars. If you have 5 people in your group the complete course will cost each individual $30 US dollars.
Again, this is a complete course whole text can is studied with a qualified instructor for the low price of approximately $15 – $30 per student, and possibly less depending on the number of students in your group.
The payment is taken as one lump sum payment. Your group coordinator, center, institute or Masjid will make full payment first, then one of our student coordinators will contact you through the email that was provided to us to arrange a time for the class that is suitable for everyone involved.